There was an in-depth report tonight on the CBS evening news.
The topic was FHA loans and the fact that 8.5 % of them are in foreclosure or are more than at least 90 days delinquent. The story went on to say that FHA has been proping up the housing market.
- The FHA has been insuring half of all new mortgages since 2007.
- FHA has loans out currently worth 696 Billion
- The lenders shown in the story were :
- Great Country Mortgage Bankers
- Madison home equities
- TB & W
- These were all lenders that have been said to be problem lenders that have had their plugs pulled from FHA and are no longer able to write FHA loans.
- The story also went on to talk about federal prosecutors are suing one of the fastest growing lenders Lend America. It was said the company made up and invented borowers incomes and information to close loans.
A former investigator for the Department of Housing and urban dev. called it FHA insurance armageddon.
He says in the next 18 months there is going to be a major hit to the FHA insurance fund. Projected losses released by FHA for the future could leave it with 4 billion dollars in total which is less than the 2 % required by congress to keep in the fund at any time.
Number of FHA loans on the books
2007 = 425,000 loans
2008 = 1.2 million loans
2009 = 1.8 million loans
Fewer than 200 staff members at FHA to handle all of these loans and do checks on the lenders using FHA money and audit loan applications.
Thank you for adding me as a friend over the years on Facebook.
Now like my new business page on Facebook.
Brandon Jordan Sr Vice President ERA American Real Estate Cell- (850)-758-1236 Fax- (850)-682-9439 Buy A Florida Vacation Home.com "We provide this information and much more on our site for you
at no charge, so please remember us when you're looking to buy
or sell real estate"